Tuesday, November 18, 2008

sabbath rest

i won't be posting regularly this week. . . i am on a retreat - retreating from my responsibilities and schedule and the zaniness of life - to seek after God.

wow, that sounds really pretentious. . .

i think it would be more honest to say that i came away from my "life" to have my compass re-set.

i need to have a spiritual compass that i can trust to always point due north, which in my head is "Godward." and unlike a real compass, my tends to get de-magnitized or something more often than i would like to admit to. . . so coming away to read, and rest, and think, and write, and listen. . . well, for me, re-sets it. i can then re-enter my routine - or lack thereof - knowing that i have a sure reference point.

we all need a sure reference point. . . what are you doing to keep yours pointing due north??

2 comments:

  1. Re-magnetizing... I like that analogy.
    I'm not sure what my re-magnetizing "method" is yet. (Hmmm, that book coming in the mail might help me understand that better...)

    Ignore my multiple emails etc. as long as necessary - no obligations attached to anything I send.

    Peace & rest to you.
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, my next tattoo is going to be a compass - i need the reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete