Wednesday, June 10, 2009

community living

a friend of mine used to say that when we share only our victories we build competition. BUT when we share our losses we build community.

i was thinking today of how often in my quest to encourage someone i fail to share that i fail. . . and somewhat regularly at that.

that being all i can be for God and living my life with excellence standards so i can truly be a good witness/ambassador for Him is exhausting and can do more harm than good in my trying to earn the right to be heard.

it's about being honest in our humanity - because only then can we really be reflective of God. if i set myself up as a superhero, there is little room for the awesomeness of His mercy and grace in my life. if i am honest in my humanity, there is all the room needed to give Him the glory for what good there is. . .

2 comments: